Man denies fourth drunken driving offenseOctober 29,2013Man denies
An Orwell man charged with a fourth offense of drunken driving denied the felony charge in court Monday.
Peter Pfenning, 50, pleaded innocent to a charge of DUI 4 which carries a potential maximum penalty of 10 years in jail and a minimum sentence of at least 192 consecutive hours of jail time.
Pfenning, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that include he not consume or possess alcohol and that he report daily to the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department for alcohol testing.
Pfenning was arrested earlier this month after Vermont State Police said he was seen driving in the wrong lane on Route 7 in Clarendon. Police said Pfenning’s blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.188 percent. The legal limit to operate a motor vehicle in Vermont is 0.08 percent.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.