THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
MONTPELIER — The Vermont Agriculture Agency is going to hold a webinar so Vermonters can provide feedback on rules for a new law that some say could significantly affect the state’s fruit and vegetable farmers.
The webinar will be held on Nov. 4. It will walk participants through the comment process for the Produce Safety and Preventive Control Rules.
The deadline for making comments on the Food and Drug Administration’s proposed rules to implement the Food Safety Modernization Act is Nov. 15.
The act is considered the most sweeping reform of our nation’s food safety laws in more than 70 years.
The law was signed by President Barack Obama in 2011.
When finalized, these rules will affect many Vermont vegetable and fruit growers.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation