Roy K. JonesOctober 30,2013
Roy K. JonesRoy K. Jones
SPRING HILL, Fla. — Roy Kevin Jones, 54, died September 30, 2013, with his sister, Tina and his nephew, Christopher by his side in Spring Hill, FL.
He was born July 31, 1959, in Poultney, VT, to Clifford Charles Jones, Sr. and Mary (Jones) Belden. He was a loving grandson to Doris and Roy Kevin (Peep) Jones, beloved brother to Clifford Jones, Jr., Tina (Jones) Jensen, John Jones, and Teresa Jones. Roy grew up in Poultney and he was known among his family and friends as sweet and loving to all who knew him. Today we remember him as the “sweetheart” of the family.
Roy graduated from Poultney High, and we are proud that Roy was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
He enjoyed traveling and he visited his brother Clifford in California, his brother John in Montana, and his sister Tina in Florida. About 10 years ago, Roy moved to Florida to be closer to his sister, Tina and enjoy the warm weather. He made a good life for himself there.
Roy’s ashes will be laid to rest in the Middle Granville Cemetery in July 2014. Memorial and funeral arrangements to follow in July 2014. He was cremated at Pinecrest Funeral Chapel in Spring Hill, FL.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.