Roy K. JonesOctober 30,2013
Roy K. JonesRoy K. Jones
SPRING HILL, Fla. — Roy Kevin Jones, 54, died September 30, 2013, with his sister, Tina and his nephew, Christopher by his side in Spring Hill, FL.
He was born July 31, 1959, in Poultney, VT, to Clifford Charles Jones, Sr. and Mary (Jones) Belden. He was a loving grandson to Doris and Roy Kevin (Peep) Jones, beloved brother to Clifford Jones, Jr., Tina (Jones) Jensen, John Jones, and Teresa Jones. Roy grew up in Poultney and he was known among his family and friends as sweet and loving to all who knew him. Today we remember him as the “sweetheart” of the family.
Roy graduated from Poultney High, and we are proud that Roy was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
He enjoyed traveling and he visited his brother Clifford in California, his brother John in Montana, and his sister Tina in Florida. About 10 years ago, Roy moved to Florida to be closer to his sister, Tina and enjoy the warm weather. He made a good life for himself there.
Roy’s ashes will be laid to rest in the Middle Granville Cemetery in July 2014. Memorial and funeral arrangements to follow in July 2014. He was cremated at Pinecrest Funeral Chapel in Spring Hill, FL.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.