Store holds hunters’ partyOctober 30,2013Hunters’ party
at Belmont store
BELMONT — Hunters are invited to show off their camouflage and enter a deer pool at a party starting at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Belmont General Store.
The family-friendly event will include an indoor bow shoot, music, games and a raffle.
A prize will be awarded to the “best-dressed” person in camo gear, and for game camera pictures.
The party will also be an opportunity for hunters to join the deer pool, with possible prizes including a tree stand, a game camera and a set of two-way radios.
The store is located at 2400 Belmont Road in Mount Holly.
For information, visit belmontgeneralstore.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.