Philip M. AndersonNovember 02,2013
Philip M. AndersonPhilip M. Anderson
MARBLE FALLS, Texas — Philip M. Anderson, 64, formerly of Ludlow and Springfield, Vermont, passed away in Marble Falls, TX., on Oct. 26, 2013, of cancer.
He was the son of the late Robert Anderson and Margery Anderson Hearn.
“Phil” attended school in Ludlow and Springfield, Vt.
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Phil was a great cook in several local restaurants, including Ruth’s Lunch, Country Girl Diner, Grafton Inn, and Springfield Lunch, and his own Phil’s BBQ in Blanco, TX. He was the owner of Anderson Locksmith.
He will be greatly missed by his two brothers and two sisters, and their families.
A memorial service is to be held in Marble Falls on November 9, 2013.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.