Philip M. AndersonNovember 02,2013
Philip M. AndersonPhilip M. Anderson
MARBLE FALLS, Texas — Philip M. Anderson, 64, formerly of Ludlow and Springfield, Vermont, passed away in Marble Falls, TX., on Oct. 26, 2013, of cancer.
He was the son of the late Robert Anderson and Margery Anderson Hearn.
“Phil” attended school in Ludlow and Springfield, Vt.
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Phil was a great cook in several local restaurants, including Ruth’s Lunch, Country Girl Diner, Grafton Inn, and Springfield Lunch, and his own Phil’s BBQ in Blanco, TX. He was the owner of Anderson Locksmith.
He will be greatly missed by his two brothers and two sisters, and their families.
A memorial service is to be held in Marble Falls on November 9, 2013.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.