Philip M. AndersonNovember 02,2013
Philip M. AndersonPhilip M. Anderson
MARBLE FALLS, Texas — Philip M. Anderson, 64, formerly of Ludlow and Springfield, Vermont, passed away in Marble Falls, TX., on Oct. 26, 2013, of cancer.
He was the son of the late Robert Anderson and Margery Anderson Hearn.
“Phil” attended school in Ludlow and Springfield, Vt.
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Phil was a great cook in several local restaurants, including Ruth’s Lunch, Country Girl Diner, Grafton Inn, and Springfield Lunch, and his own Phil’s BBQ in Blanco, TX. He was the owner of Anderson Locksmith.
He will be greatly missed by his two brothers and two sisters, and their families.
A memorial service is to be held in Marble Falls on November 9, 2013.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.