Philip M. AndersonNovember 02,2013
Philip M. AndersonPhilip M. Anderson
MARBLE FALLS, Texas — Philip M. Anderson, 64, formerly of Ludlow and Springfield, Vermont, passed away in Marble Falls, TX., on Oct. 26, 2013, of cancer.
He was the son of the late Robert Anderson and Margery Anderson Hearn.
“Phil” attended school in Ludlow and Springfield, Vt.
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Phil was a great cook in several local restaurants, including Ruth’s Lunch, Country Girl Diner, Grafton Inn, and Springfield Lunch, and his own Phil’s BBQ in Blanco, TX. He was the owner of Anderson Locksmith.
He will be greatly missed by his two brothers and two sisters, and their families.
A memorial service is to be held in Marble Falls on November 9, 2013.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.