BOSTON — Despite trading away all their top stars — and their coach — in the offseason, the Boston Celtics still know how to please a crowd.
Boston Red Sox owners John Henry and Tom Werner brought the World Series trophy to center court before the Celtics’ home opener against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday night. They got a huge cheer from the Boston fans still giddy over Wednesday night’s victory over the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Celtics showed highlights from the World Series on the scoreboard while the Red Sox anthem “Tessie” blasted over the speakers.
Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo then came out to welcome the fans — wearing a fake beard, also in tribute to the Red Sox. The trophy also attended the Boston Bruins’ game Thursday night.MORE IN Wire SportsCOLUMBUS, Ohio — It might seem as if the pressure just keeps building and building on No. Full StoryNEW YORK — The Yankees are flashing their cash, adding Jacoby Ellsbury to a shopping spree that... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation