Police probe assault on trailNovember 02,2013Police probe
assault on trail
SWANTON— Vermont State Police are investigating the report of an assault and mugging on a recreational trail in Swanton.
Police say a 27-year-old woman reported that an unknown man jumped out of wooded area on the rail trail, assaulted her and took her purse Friday morning.
The woman said she had never seen the man before.,
He’s described as being in his 40s, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and wearing dark clothing.
Anyone who may have been in the areas around 9 a.m. or who has information about the incident is asked to Vermont State Police in St. Albans at 524-5993.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.