BERLIN — A Middlesex man who was allegedly clocked driving 110 mph on Interstate 89 late Sunday night is facing two criminal charges stemming from the incident.
State police say Gordon Hickory, 26, was taken into custody and processed for driving under the influence shortly after they pulled over the northbound vehicle he was driving near Exit 7 in Berlin.
According to police, Hickory was pulled over shortly before 10:30 p.m., moments after they allegedly clocked him driving 45 mph over the posted 65 mph speed limit.
Police said they determined Hickory had been drinking and he was transported to the Middlesex barracks after he was asked to perform field sobriety exercises.
Hickory was processed for driving under the influence and later released. He is expected to be charged with drunken driving and careless and negligent operation when he is arraigned at the criminal courthouse in Barre on Nov. 21, police said.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.