Pastor Ralph D. Stone RitesNovember 06,2013Pastor Ralph D. Stone Rites
DANBY — The funeral service for Pastor Ralph D. Stone, 74, who died Nov. 1, 2013, at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., was held Tuesday, Nov. 5, at the Mountain View Baptist Church in Danby Four Corners. Dr. Robert Neisen, pastor of the Open Bible Baptist Church in Tonawanda, N.Y., officiated.
The pianist was Herb Hatch II.
Vocalists were Pastor Neisen, Robert Greene and Jeff Greene.
Bearers were Mark McLellan, Josh Houghtaling, Mark Jones, Aaron Aubrey, Jeff Greene and David Aubrey.
Burial was in the Danby Scottsville Cemetery.
A reception followed at the Mountain View Baptist Church gymnasium.
Arrangements were by the Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Mountain View Baptist Church, c/o Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.