Man charged with DUI; child crueltyNovember 06,2013Crash triggers
charge of cruelty
FAIR HAVEN — A Minnesota man charged with drunken driving after a crash in a fast-food drive-thru has also been charged with cruelty to a child because a 3-year-old was in the car, police said.
Curtis C. Labande, 22, of Crosby, Minn., was arrested Halloween night after Fair Haven Police were called to the McDonald’s restaurant on Washington Street.
A breath test indicated that Labande’s blood-alcohol level was .144 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is .08 percent.
Labande was cited to appear in Rutland criminal court at a later date.MORE IN This Just InTRENTON, N.J. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,