Man charged with DUI; child crueltyNovember 06,2013Crash triggers
charge of cruelty
FAIR HAVEN — A Minnesota man charged with drunken driving after a crash in a fast-food drive-thru has also been charged with cruelty to a child because a 3-year-old was in the car, police said.
Curtis C. Labande, 22, of Crosby, Minn., was arrested Halloween night after Fair Haven Police were called to the McDonald’s restaurant on Washington Street.
A breath test indicated that Labande’s blood-alcohol level was .144 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is .08 percent.
Labande was cited to appear in Rutland criminal court at a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!