Vt man partly ejected, trapped in car overnightNovember 09,2013Vt. man trapped
in car overnight
The Associated Press
JAY — A 75-year-old Vermont man who was trapped overnight after being thrown part way out of his car in a crash is reported to have suffered serious injuries.
Donald Privee, of Richford, had a cold, wet Wednesday night after he drove his Ford Focus off Vermont Route 105 in Jay and the car flipped over.
Police got a missing person report on Privee on Wednesday night. He was found Thursday morning by troopers from the Vermont State Police barracks in St. Albans.
Privee, who police say was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, later was listed in serious condition at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.