Fire damages Rutland City homeStaff Report | November 10,2013A fire caused heavy damage to the rear of a single-family home Saturday night in Rutland City.
No one was home at the time of the fire, which was called in at about 7:15 p.m.
City Fire Lt. Brad LaFaso said four trucks were dispatched and firefighters met with heavy smoke coming out of the rear of the house when they arrived at 15 Hopkins St.
It took about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire, LaFaso said.
“They got it down pretty quick,” he said.
The cause of the fire was undetermined at press time, but LaFaso said it started in the kitchen area of the two-story woodframe house.
The property is owned by Everett Louder. The names and number of tenants renting the home were unknown at press time.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.