• Fire damages Rutland City home
    Staff Report | November 10,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    A fire caused heavy damage to the rear of a single-family home Saturday night in Rutland City.

    No one was home at the time of the fire, which was called in at about 7:15 p.m.

    City Fire Lt. Brad LaFaso said four trucks were dispatched and firefighters met with heavy smoke coming out of the rear of the house when they arrived at 15 Hopkins St.

    It took about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire, LaFaso said.

    “They got it down pretty quick,” he said.

    The cause of the fire was undetermined at press time, but LaFaso said it started in the kitchen area of the two-story woodframe house.

    The property is owned by Everett Louder. The names and number of tenants renting the home were unknown at press time.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    An unattended candle caused a fire leaving eight to nine people without a home and killing two... Full Story
    Candle fire kills two pets
    WHEELOCK — For more than a century Dartmouth College has been making good on a promise to... Full Story
    Dartmouth, Vt. town have longtime tuition deal
    More Articles