FERRISBURGH — Vermont State Police have found a Ferrisburgh teenager who was reported missing more than a month ago.
Police say 17-year-old Hailey Rheaume-Fox was found Tuesday afternoon after she had called her mother from Burlington.
Police say she is reportedly in good condition and has been returned to the custody of the Vermont Department of Children and Families, where she will get help to keep her safe.
Police say they first believed Rheaume-Fox was in the Burlington area and had been texting her mother.
But authorities said last week that she may have been traveling to and from New York City and Massachusetts and the text messages may not have come from her.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — A bill that would consolidate school districts in the state is generating questions... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.