Donna W. NakhlaNovember 13,2013Donna W. Nakhla
SPRINGFIELD — Donna (Wallace) Nakhla, 54, died Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at her home in Springfield.
She was born June 9, 1959, in Springfield, the daughter of Fredrick and Mary Wallace.
After graduating from Springfield High School in 1977, she worked for the Town of Springfield for many years before moving to California. She returned to Springfield in 1998 to be closer to family.
Survivors include a daughter, Jennifer Nakhla; her mother, Mary Wallace of Springfield; two brothers, Jim of Chicopee, Mass., and Tim of Springfield; a sister, Diane (Wallace) Johnson of Weathersfield; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her father, Fred Wallace, and two brothers, Alan and Randy Wallace.
A graveside ceremony will be held Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013, at 2 p.m. at Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.