Airport’s runway expansion OK’dNovember 13,2013Airport’s runway
extension is OK’d
WILMINGTON — Plans to upgrade and continue the revitalization of a southern Vermont airport have gotten another big boost after Wilmington’s Development Review Board approved a plan that to extend the runway.
The conditional-use permit issued last week calls for a runway that would be no more than 4,450 feet long and 75 feet wide.
Much of the airport is in Dover, but a section of the runway is in Wilmington.
Earlier this year the former Mount Snow Airport was purchased and renamed the Deerfield Valley Airport. It’s part of a broader plan to bring more visitors to the region.
Officials don’t anticipate bringing in jets larger than eight to 12 seats, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?