Airport’s runway expansion OK’dNovember 13,2013Airport’s runway
extension is OK’d
WILMINGTON — Plans to upgrade and continue the revitalization of a southern Vermont airport have gotten another big boost after Wilmington’s Development Review Board approved a plan that to extend the runway.
The conditional-use permit issued last week calls for a runway that would be no more than 4,450 feet long and 75 feet wide.
Much of the airport is in Dover, but a section of the runway is in Wilmington.
Earlier this year the former Mount Snow Airport was purchased and renamed the Deerfield Valley Airport. It’s part of a broader plan to bring more visitors to the region.
Officials don’t anticipate bringing in jets larger than eight to 12 seats, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.