MRUHS hosts VSAC workshopNovember 14,2013Mill River hosting
NORTH CLARENDON — Vermont Student Assistance Corp. will hold a free seminar to discuss college financing from 6 to 7:30 p.m. tonight at Mill River Union High School.
The presentation will address paying for college, available aid, forms to fill out and how to compare college costs.
The presentation will be held in the chorus room.
VSAC is holding seminars around the state this month. Another seminar will be held Tuesday night at Poultney High School, Wednesday night at Mount St. Joseph Academy in Rutland, and Thursday, Nov. 21 at West Rutland School.
For a complete schedule of seminars, visit www.vsac.org/schedule.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.