Library hosts tax workshopNovember 14,2013Library hosting
a tax workshop
Business owners can get a head start on the tax season with a free workshop on self-audits from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Tuesday at the Rutland Free Library.
The state Department of Taxes is hosting a program called “Know What You Owe,” which urges businesses to conduct a self-audit for the Vermont use tax and pay the amount due.
Examiners from the department will answer questions and meet with participants after the workshop.
For business owners who conduct a self-audit and find they owe taxes, all penalties will be abated and the interest will be reduced by 50 percent.
To be eligible, a business must not have been previously contacted by the state for an audit or have any outstanding tax, interest or penalties.
The Rutland Free Library is located at 10 Court St.
For more information, visit www.state.vt.us/tax/selfaudit.shtml.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.