Man arrested in hotel attackNovember 14,2013Man arrested
in hotel attack
BRATTLEBORO — Police said a man sought in connection with an attack on a hotel desk clerk in Vermont has been arrested in Massachusetts.
Brattleboro police said they were looking for 22-year-old Cory Davis in connection with an assault and robbery at the America’s Best Inn early Sunday.
Police said the suspect jumped over the front counter and attacked the clerk before taking the cash register. The clerk suffered minor injuries.
Police said Davis was arrested Tuesday at about 7:30 p.m. in Fitchburg, Mass., on a warrant for criminal contempt, drunken driving and providing false information to a police officer.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.