Man arrested in hotel attackNovember 14,2013Man arrested
in hotel attack
BRATTLEBORO — Police said a man sought in connection with an attack on a hotel desk clerk in Vermont has been arrested in Massachusetts.
Brattleboro police said they were looking for 22-year-old Cory Davis in connection with an assault and robbery at the America’s Best Inn early Sunday.
Police said the suspect jumped over the front counter and attacked the clerk before taking the cash register. The clerk suffered minor injuries.
Police said Davis was arrested Tuesday at about 7:30 p.m. in Fitchburg, Mass., on a warrant for criminal contempt, drunken driving and providing false information to a police officer.MORE IN This Just InHAVANA — Daniela Martinez long figured that someday she would leave the struggles of daily life... Full StoryPESHAWAR, Pakistan — Six militants were killed in a U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.