Suspended license convictions pile up for Brandon manNovember 20,201312 daysí labor for
A Brandon man who pleaded guilty to three counts of driving without a license this week was ordered Monday to serve 12 days on the Department of Corrections work crew.
Joshua P. Lester, 21, who has been convicted of driving with his license suspended five times since March 2010, added three more convictions to that total Monday when he pleaded guilty to new misdemeanor DLS counts brought against him in August and October.
Lester also pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of violating court-ordered conditions of release.
In exchange for his guilty plea, state prosecutors dropped three other DLS charges brought against Lester this year along with another charge of violating his conditions of release.
Starting with two DLS charges brought in February, police in Brandon and Rutland brought the same charge against him twice in August and two more times in October.
According to Rutland Police, Lesterís motor vehicle license was suspended indefinitely in 2009.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.