Smokey House names directorNovember 20,2013Smokey House
hires new director
DANBY — Smokey House Center has named Jesse Pyles as its new executive director.
Pyles comes to Smokey House Center from Unity College in Maine. Before that, he led service and sustainability programming at Green Mountain College in Poultney.
Smokey House Center has more than 5,000 acres of forest and farmland. Its three-part mission of land conservation, agriculture and youth education has served the region for more than 40 years. It seeks to maintain a working landscape and promote sustainable agricultural and forestry practices.
For more information, visit smokeyhouse.org.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.