Smokey House names directorNovember 20,2013Smokey House
hires new director
DANBY — Smokey House Center has named Jesse Pyles as its new executive director.
Pyles comes to Smokey House Center from Unity College in Maine. Before that, he led service and sustainability programming at Green Mountain College in Poultney.
Smokey House Center has more than 5,000 acres of forest and farmland. Its three-part mission of land conservation, agriculture and youth education has served the region for more than 40 years. It seeks to maintain a working landscape and promote sustainable agricultural and forestry practices.
For more information, visit smokeyhouse.org.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — The primary season just ended and the general election campaign now unfolding looks... Full StoryA mysterious poll is asking Vermonters if they would support the continued operation of Vermont... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.