2 brothers plead guilty in Vt. heroin caseThe Associated Press | November 21,2013BURLINGTON - Two brothers in Vermont have pleaded guilty in federal court in Burlington to felony heroin trafficking charges.
In return for their pleas, prosecutors have agreed to drop a conspiracy charge against Louis Prue II of Newport and Matthew Prue of Barton.
The Caledonian Record reported that the two men face potential 20-year prison terms and are scheduled to be sentenced March 10.
A police affidavit says an informant purchased an ounce of heroin from Louis Prue at a park-and-ride lot in Orleans on July 10 after buying a gram of heroin from Matthew Prue a day earlier. Both transactions were arranged via telephone calls monitored by police.
The Prues said in an affidavit they had been selling heroin in the area.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.