2 brothers plead guilty in Vt. heroin caseThe Associated Press | November 21,2013BURLINGTON - Two brothers in Vermont have pleaded guilty in federal court in Burlington to felony heroin trafficking charges.
In return for their pleas, prosecutors have agreed to drop a conspiracy charge against Louis Prue II of Newport and Matthew Prue of Barton.
The Caledonian Record reported that the two men face potential 20-year prison terms and are scheduled to be sentenced March 10.
A police affidavit says an informant purchased an ounce of heroin from Louis Prue at a park-and-ride lot in Orleans on July 10 after buying a gram of heroin from Matthew Prue a day earlier. Both transactions were arranged via telephone calls monitored by police.
The Prues said in an affidavit they had been selling heroin in the area.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.