2 brothers plead guilty in Vt. heroin caseThe Associated Press | November 21,2013BURLINGTON - Two brothers in Vermont have pleaded guilty in federal court in Burlington to felony heroin trafficking charges.
In return for their pleas, prosecutors have agreed to drop a conspiracy charge against Louis Prue II of Newport and Matthew Prue of Barton.
The Caledonian Record reported that the two men face potential 20-year prison terms and are scheduled to be sentenced March 10.
A police affidavit says an informant purchased an ounce of heroin from Louis Prue at a park-and-ride lot in Orleans on July 10 after buying a gram of heroin from Matthew Prue a day earlier. Both transactions were arranged via telephone calls monitored by police.
The Prues said in an affidavit they had been selling heroin in the area.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.