US Forest Service to seek ideas for S. Vt. forestNovember 21,2013Forest Service
MANCHESTER — Officials with Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest are seeking ideas for forest management activities for sections of the forest south of Vermont Route 9.
Possible forest management activities include improving wildlife habitat and watershed conditions, improving forest health conditions, and providing high quality recreation and trail opportunities.
District Ranger Bill Jackson said the upcoming meetings are designed to gather information from the public.
The first meeting of the South of Route 9 Integrated Resource Project will be held today at the Readsboro School.
A meeting is scheduled for Dec. 3 in Pownal and Dec. 10 in Stamford.
All the meetings will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.