US Forest Service to seek ideas for S. Vt. forestNovember 21,2013Forest Service
MANCHESTER — Officials with Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest are seeking ideas for forest management activities for sections of the forest south of Vermont Route 9.
Possible forest management activities include improving wildlife habitat and watershed conditions, improving forest health conditions, and providing high quality recreation and trail opportunities.
District Ranger Bill Jackson said the upcoming meetings are designed to gather information from the public.
The first meeting of the South of Route 9 Integrated Resource Project will be held today at the Readsboro School.
A meeting is scheduled for Dec. 3 in Pownal and Dec. 10 in Stamford.
All the meetings will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.