Vehicle slides into White RiverNovember 28,2013Vehicle slides
into White River
TUNBRIDGE — Vermont State Police say a 21-year-old Tunbridge man suffered minor injuries when the car he was driving slid into the First Branch of the White River in Tunbridge.
Police said Jason Sprang lost control of his vehicle after he was blinded by the headlights of another vehicle at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday on Vermont Route 110. He went through a guardrail into the river.
Sprang got out of the car and walked to shore where he was helped by another motorist until help arrived.
Sprang was taken to Gifford Medical Center in Randolph with possible back injuries.
His car was destroyed.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.