Health Connect meetings plannedNovember 28,2013Health Connect
Vermont Health Connect officials are holding events across the state to spread the word about the new insurance marketplace.
At least two of them are scheduled for the Castleton area and two others in Middlebury in the next 10 days.
People will be able to learn more about the plans, enroll and access financial help through Vermont Health Connect with the aid of a navigator.
Monday, a group enrollment session will be held from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the computer lab at Porter Medical Center, 115 Porter Drive in Middlebury. For more information or to set up a one-hour appointment with a navigator, call 388-5625 or send an email to email@example.com.
Two events are scheduled Tuesday as part of Navigator Day held at Kinney Drugs locations.
One will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday at Kinney Drugs in Middlebury; and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kinney Drugs in North Bomoseen.
A Countdown to Coverage event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Stafford Academic Center, Room 157, at Castleton State College.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.