Health Connect meetings plannedNovember 28,2013Health Connect
Vermont Health Connect officials are holding events across the state to spread the word about the new insurance marketplace.
At least two of them are scheduled for the Castleton area and two others in Middlebury in the next 10 days.
People will be able to learn more about the plans, enroll and access financial help through Vermont Health Connect with the aid of a navigator.
Monday, a group enrollment session will be held from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the computer lab at Porter Medical Center, 115 Porter Drive in Middlebury. For more information or to set up a one-hour appointment with a navigator, call 388-5625 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two events are scheduled Tuesday as part of Navigator Day held at Kinney Drugs locations.
One will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday at Kinney Drugs in Middlebury; and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kinney Drugs in North Bomoseen.
A Countdown to Coverage event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Stafford Academic Center, Room 157, at Castleton State College.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.