Police look for suspect in Vt. store holdupThe Associated Press | November 29,2013WALLINGFORD - Vermont State Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Cumberland Farms store in Wallingford.
Police said the man was dressed in a dark green poncho, sunglasses and a bandanna as he approached the clerk at about 11:50 p.m. Thursday at the U.S. Route 7 store and demanded money.
The man did not display a weapon, but kept his hand under the poncho, indicating he had one.
A police dog tracked the suspect behind the store, finding the bandanna and some cash on the railroad tracks.
Separately, police are looking for man who forced his way into a Circle K store on Route 12 in Weathersfield early Friday and took several items before fleeing.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!