2 men deny shooting charges in Vt.The Associated Press | November 29,2013NEWPORT - A Vermont man has been accused of shooting a gun at a woman and another is accused of driving the getaway car.
Twenty-six-year-old Jeffrey Mitchell pleaded not guilty this week in Orleans Superior Court to aggravated assault with a weapon. Twenty-four-year-old Christopher Degreenia pleaded not guilty to aiding in the commission of aggravated assault. Both are from Sheffield.
The Caledonian-Record reported that a woman called 911 in July to report that a man fired a weapon at her from a car. She was not hit. The woman said she heard from her roommate, who believed the shooter was a former boyfriend who had threatened her. They have a daughter.
Mitchell told police the ex-girlfriend was "crazy" and probably made up the story to keep the child away from him.MORE IN This Just InFormer city attorney Christopher Sullivan will serve at least four years behind bars in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.