2 men deny shooting charges in Vt.The Associated Press | November 29,2013NEWPORT - A Vermont man has been accused of shooting a gun at a woman and another is accused of driving the getaway car.
Twenty-six-year-old Jeffrey Mitchell pleaded not guilty this week in Orleans Superior Court to aggravated assault with a weapon. Twenty-four-year-old Christopher Degreenia pleaded not guilty to aiding in the commission of aggravated assault. Both are from Sheffield.
The Caledonian-Record reported that a woman called 911 in July to report that a man fired a weapon at her from a car. She was not hit. The woman said she heard from her roommate, who believed the shooter was a former boyfriend who had threatened her. They have a daughter.
Mitchell told police the ex-girlfriend was "crazy" and probably made up the story to keep the child away from him.MORE IN This Just InTORONTO — Pinch-hitter Danny Valencia had a go-ahead, three-run homer in the seventh inning,... Full StoryMan faces counts Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.