Police look for suspect in Wallingford store holdupNovember 29,2013PROVIDED IMAGE
Vermont State Police released this image of the suspect in the Wallingford robbery.WALLINGFORD — Vermont State Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Cumberland Farms store in Wallingford.
Police said the man was dressed in a dark green poncho, sunglasses and a bandanna as he approached the clerk at about 11:50 p.m. Thursday at the Route 7 store and demanded money.
The man did not display a weapon, but kept his hand under the poncho, indicating he had one.
A police dog tracked the suspect behind the store, finding the bandanna and some cash on the railroad tracks.
Separately, police are looking for man who forced his way into a Circle K store on Route 12 in Weathersfield early Friday and took several items before fleeing.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.