Police look for suspect in Wallingford store holdupNovember 29,2013PROVIDED IMAGE
Vermont State Police released this image of the suspect in the Wallingford robbery.WALLINGFORD — Vermont State Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Cumberland Farms store in Wallingford.
Police said the man was dressed in a dark green poncho, sunglasses and a bandanna as he approached the clerk at about 11:50 p.m. Thursday at the Route 7 store and demanded money.
The man did not display a weapon, but kept his hand under the poncho, indicating he had one.
A police dog tracked the suspect behind the store, finding the bandanna and some cash on the railroad tracks.
Separately, police are looking for man who forced his way into a Circle K store on Route 12 in Weathersfield early Friday and took several items before fleeing.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.