Pownal man charged after Mass. crashNovember 29,2013Pownal man
charged after crash
POWNAL — A local man is facing a drunken driving charge after allegedly leaving the scene of a crash in Massachusetts.
Early Thursday morning, according to police, 20-year-old Christopher T. Harding left a crash in which he was involved in Williamstown, Mass. Police later found Harding at his home in Pownal and learned he had been drinking and had driven home from Massachusetts, police said.
Police charged Harding with drunken driving as well as possessing a malt liquor. He is scheduled to appear Dec. 30 in Bennington criminal court.
Police said Harding will likely face additional charges stemming from the crash in Massachusetts.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.