Pownal man charged after Mass. crashNovember 29,2013Pownal man
charged after crash
POWNAL — A local man is facing a drunken driving charge after allegedly leaving the scene of a crash in Massachusetts.
Early Thursday morning, according to police, 20-year-old Christopher T. Harding left a crash in which he was involved in Williamstown, Mass. Police later found Harding at his home in Pownal and learned he had been drinking and had driven home from Massachusetts, police said.
Police charged Harding with drunken driving as well as possessing a malt liquor. He is scheduled to appear Dec. 30 in Bennington criminal court.
Police said Harding will likely face additional charges stemming from the crash in Massachusetts.MORE IN This Just InA meeting of all Rutland Plywood employees is scheduled for 1 p.m. today. Full StoryTOWNSHEND — A 26-year-old Townshend man shot his off-again, on-again girlfriend late... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.