has big plans
BURLINGTON — The prospective owner of a mall in downtown Burlington has some big plans to bring some big-name retailers to town.
Devonwood Investors of New York City is set to close on the Burlington Town Center mall next week.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Devonwood plans to add a new anchor tenant, such as L.L. Bean, to draw more shoppers to the area.
Formerly confidential records obtained by the newspaper also make mention of expanding the mall to accommodate a big-box store and names Target as an example.
In its memo filed with the city, Devonwood also says it is contemplating a hotel with meeting and conference facilities.
The closing is scheduled for Dec. 16.
— The Associated PressMORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,