has big plans
BURLINGTON — The prospective owner of a mall in downtown Burlington has some big plans to bring some big-name retailers to town.
Devonwood Investors of New York City is set to close on the Burlington Town Center mall next week.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Devonwood plans to add a new anchor tenant, such as L.L. Bean, to draw more shoppers to the area.
Formerly confidential records obtained by the newspaper also make mention of expanding the mall to accommodate a big-box store and names Target as an example.
In its memo filed with the city, Devonwood also says it is contemplating a hotel with meeting and conference facilities.
The closing is scheduled for Dec. 16.
— The Associated PressMORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland in which a dog and cat are rescued by heroic passersby and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Bob Dylan makes $50 bucks playing harmonica on Belafonte record, William Butler Yeats on the 1916 Easter Rising, Polanski leaves Los Angeles (in a hurry), iceberg six times Manhattan size leaves Antarctica (at leisurely pace.)
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.