has big plans
BURLINGTON — The prospective owner of a mall in downtown Burlington has some big plans to bring some big-name retailers to town.
Devonwood Investors of New York City is set to close on the Burlington Town Center mall next week.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Devonwood plans to add a new anchor tenant, such as L.L. Bean, to draw more shoppers to the area.
Formerly confidential records obtained by the newspaper also make mention of expanding the mall to accommodate a big-box store and names Target as an example.
In its memo filed with the city, Devonwood also says it is contemplating a hotel with meeting and conference facilities.
The closing is scheduled for Dec. 16.
— The Associated PressMORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — The Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival opened Sunday with one of the most... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.