has big plans
BURLINGTON — The prospective owner of a mall in downtown Burlington has some big plans to bring some big-name retailers to town.
Devonwood Investors of New York City is set to close on the Burlington Town Center mall next week.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Devonwood plans to add a new anchor tenant, such as L.L. Bean, to draw more shoppers to the area.
Formerly confidential records obtained by the newspaper also make mention of expanding the mall to accommodate a big-box store and names Target as an example.
In its memo filed with the city, Devonwood also says it is contemplating a hotel with meeting and conference facilities.
The closing is scheduled for Dec. 16.
— The Associated PressMORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.