has big plans
BURLINGTON — The prospective owner of a mall in downtown Burlington has some big plans to bring some big-name retailers to town.
Devonwood Investors of New York City is set to close on the Burlington Town Center mall next week.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Devonwood plans to add a new anchor tenant, such as L.L. Bean, to draw more shoppers to the area.
Formerly confidential records obtained by the newspaper also make mention of expanding the mall to accommodate a big-box store and names Target as an example.
In its memo filed with the city, Devonwood also says it is contemplating a hotel with meeting and conference facilities.
The closing is scheduled for Dec. 16.
— The Associated PressMORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.