Vt. police say DNA linked killer to burglaryThe Associated Press | December 06,2013GUILDHALL - A Vermont man convicted of killing a baby 20 years ago has been charged with burglary after police say DNA linked him to a blood-spattered pamphlet at the crime scene.
Forty-three-year-old Shawn Boyd pleaded not guilty to felony burglary and unlawful mischief in Essex Superior Court Thursday and is being held on $10,000 bail.
Police say Boyd smashed the front door of the Moose Look Cafe in Concord last Christmas Eve last year and stole $7 from the cash register.
The Caledonian-Record reported that prosecutors are charging Boyd as a habitual offender because he has three prior felony convictions, including one for manslaughter.
Police say Boyd also goes by Shawn Ely and was sent to prison in 1998 after being convicted of beating to death a 2-year-old boy.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.