Stephen C. Pfenning RitesDecember 07,2013Stephen C. Pfenning Rites
Funeral services for Stephen C. Pfenning, 71, of Rutland who died Nov. 30, 2013, were held Wednesday, Dec. 4, at St. Bridget’s Church in West Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor.
Burial followed in Evergreen Cemetery with the Rev. Coppola reading the prayers of the burial service.
Angela Lundrigan was the organist.
Olivia Gawet was the vocalist.
Charles Lull was the eulogist.
Gift bearers were the eight grandchildren.
Prayer services were held Tuesday, Dec. 3, at Clifford Funeral Home by the Rev. Coppola.
Contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse-Hospice, PO Box 787, Rutland, VT 05702.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Gen. Wm. T. Sherman concludes March to the Sea, secures Savannah, Ga., offers the city as Christmas gift to Pres. Lincoln; N.Y.'s Lincoln Tunnel opens in 1937; first gorilla born in captivity, Colo, celebrates 58th birthday today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brent Curtis reports on the probe into a city bar fight involving police officers; Vt. Yankee has its last media day event before final shutdown next week; Depot Park hosts annual vigil to raise awareness of plight of homeless.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.